Saturday, February 28, 2009

Julia decided to get her ears pierced...

So, David and I from the very start of being parents agreed that we wanted our children to make the decision of getting their ears pierced.. We did not feel like it should be our choice.. The past two weeks Julia has been asking if she could get her ears pierced.. We finally agreed and felt like she was really ready and so last night we took off to the mall to get her ears pierced...Here are some shots from our fun filled night... Enjoy!!




Julia was nervous and watched every move the girl made..she constantly asked questions.. "What's that?..What are you doing?..."


Julia was soooo brave.. I thought it was great how they now will pierce both ears at the same time.. Now, why in the world did they not do that when I was a kid?? Less traumatic!


Of course there were tears involved.. We busted out the mirror so Julia could see her ears pierced and distract her from the initial pain.


A kiss from mom.. I was so proud of her. She really did great!


The girls striking a pose for the camera..


Julia checking out her pierced ears while I was shopping..


Dont ask!! This is what happens when you leave a man with a camera in Victoria Secret..I guess David thought she looked better with his hat on :-)


Her ears were a little red afterwards.. She decided to go with December's birthstone for her first pair of earrings..

2 comments:

  1. Such sweet pictures - Julia is so pretty and looks so brave:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw! i cried when i got my ears pierced the first time when i reached the "double digits" and my parents let me. i chose the december birthstone too because i was born on the 2nd! how cute!

    ReplyDelete