Monday, May 11, 2009

O Canada

The year was 1966... My father was about 12 or 13 years old. My great grandfather had purchased some land (I think he traded some woodchuck meat and a block of cheese or something for it) on one of the thousands of lakes that pock the face of Ontario, Canada. The cottage was then built. I was born in Michigan and we would spend one to two weeks there every summer. Seeing that I was born in July, I celebrated many birthdays up there also with my family... all 6 of us. (Mom, Dad, 2 older brothers & younger sis). So, as you can imagine... there are many memories here, on the lake.

Every year, the cottage is winterized in the Fall then "opened" in the Spring. A few weekends ago I had the opportunity to get away and get up there with my nephews, brothers, Father and Grandfather to open the cottage. It was an awesome time and the first time I have been back to the cottage in 11 years. It was well worth the wait.

We have been busy, but I wanted to share this extraordinary place. Take a look.

-D


The drive up there.


We were driving along and I was looking out the window. Without having to say a word, my Dad says... "Wanna pull off?"








Nathan (my brother...who is 33) Brought along this RC baha truck. We were all giving him a hard time about it until we drove it. This crazy thing can go up to 60mph!!!












The south end of the Lake. Hope you enjoyed... I sure did. Feel free to leave your comments below!

5 comments:

  1. What can I say.. Great job, you are truly talented! -Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures, David. You outdid yourself on these. Great times, great memories. Love you, my son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man these pictures are phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are absolutely breathe taking. David you have an amazing gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures make me want to go wherever these pictures were taken but then I don't think I'd see all the cool things that you see. You're perspective is amazing! Stacy

    ReplyDelete